May 17, 2023

A Dependent Visa is an impressive tool created to allow the family members of the visa holder to accompany them and reside with them in the country where the visa holder is studying or working. In the context of the student visa, a dependable visa is supposed to be allowed to the spouse, children, and sometimes parents of the student visa holder. It is vital to notice the detailed arrangements, which are derived from the assigned employee, and the conditions concerning the spouse, partner, or other family members for the specific countries. As this is an important matter regarding the study concerning the future of the student, it will be wise to choose the best study-abroad consultants in India.

Most of the countries offer dependent visas for international students to study in their country. These visas allow the spouse and children of the students to stay and live in the same country as the student for the duration of the student visa. 

Availability of Dependent Visa on Student Visa

The availability criteria for a dependent visa on a student visa will differ depending on the country and the type of visa. In certain countries, dependent visas are automatically granted to the spouses and children of international students who are enrolled in full-time courses. But in other countries, dependent visas might not be available or subject to certain conditions or obligations. The best foreign education consultants in India provide better suggestions for further studies abroad that will aid to secure the future.

In the United States, dependents of an F-1 visa might be eligible to apply for an F-2 visa. However, the F-2 visa doesn’t allow the dependent to work in the US, unless they obtain an Employee Authorization Document from the US Citizenship and Immigration Center. Likely in the UK, the Tier 4 visa holders may be qualified to apply for a Tier 4 dependent visa, which allows them to study and live in the UK but does not allow them to work unless they obtain permission from the  UK Home Office.

In certain countries, the availability of dependent visas may also depend on the specific student visa program. Like in Australia, the dependents of international students enrolled in higher education courses (bachelor’s, master’s, or Ph.D. programs) may be eligible to apply for a Student Dependent Visa. The student visa program allows the spouse, partner, or children under the age of 18 to accompany them during their study period. The dependent can work in Australia for 40 hours every two weeks while the student is studying. However, the students enrolled in Vocational Education and Training courses might not be able to apply for a dependent visa.

International students who are studying at a prominent learning institution in Canada could bring their spouse, or common-law partner and dependent children within them on a study permit. The spouse can apply for an open work permit, which allows them to work in Canada without having a job offer first.

As per the circumstances of the UK, the student is able to bring their spouse and children under the age of 18, if the student is on a Tier 4 student visa. The dependent is able to work in the UK if the student is studying a postgraduate degree course and the duration, of course, is more than 12 months.

In countries like Germany, the dependent is permitted to stay in the country for the duration of the student visa, but not allowed to work. Also, the dependent visa is only accessible for spouses and children under the age of 16. In France, the dependent is allowed to stay in the country for the duration of the student’s isa and permitted to work for up to 20 hours per week. Here also the visa is available for spouses and the children under age of 18. 

There are many more rules and regulations the student has to follow to choose a career abroad and it will differ from each country as per the choice of the student. Certain countries like the UK, Canada, Netherlands, Australia, New Zealand, Denmark, and Finland allow spouses and partners to work. But countries such as the USA and Hong Kong only permit married spouses to work. Countries like Japan, Malaysia, and Singapore do not permit people to work openly. It is important to note that your partner and your child can be your student dependent. Your parents, sister, brother, or other relatives cannot.

It is vital to note that the rules and regulations for dependent visas might change from time to time, and it is important to keep updated with the changes that may occur. It is essential to pin that dependent visas might have obstacles and may not allow the dependents to work or study. There are divergent options to be like which kind of student can have dependents. The majority of the countries provide permission to the student to allow dependents, but the rules and regulations will differ from each country.   

Abroad Admission Hub, one of the best overseas education consultants in Kochi provides the best services and information as per the need of the student. We help to make you understand one and each piece of information concerning the abroad studies and related other matters. The consultancy provides details regarding the course as well as part-time job opportunities and ensures the right future for each student. We are one of the best abroad consultancies in Kochi with excellent faculties and academic assistance. We promote different kinds of courses that will be relevant and suitable to each student depending upon the education they have, which will aid to execute and developing a successful career. The holistic and industry-integrated service system from high-qualified professionals with high-standard classes provide complete industry knowledge and help the students to achieve their successful career. We assure the best for the future of each student and they have been super responsible with their assistance to the students in need.

Leave a Reply

Talk to Advisor

Download Brochure

    This will close in 0 seconds