Millions of students migrate each year to pursue their higher education in different nations. There are still some set academic standards that must be met in order to be admitted to a university or college overseas, despite the fact that there are now a lot more possibilities for students with various academic backgrounds and interests to study abroad. International students can achieve these objectives by succeeding in tests that are competitive for study abroad.
Integration of one or more of these evaluations or tests with additional exams unique to that country and its educational system may occasionally be necessary. Depending on the topic and the institution or university, you may additionally be required to submit the results of one standardized test. Depending on how well you score on the different entrance tests for international colleges, your chances of receiving scholarships along with other types of financial aid are determined.
If you want to pursue your education overseas but are unaware of the steps to take to enroll in the exams you need to take to do so, your search is over. Read on to learn more!
Entrance Exams to Study Abroad
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language): The purpose of this test is to evaluate non-native English speakers’ knowledge and proficiency in the English language. Australia, the United Kingdom, Canada, the United States, and many other countries require TOEFL scores to register in their colleges and institutions. Both the paper-based exam and the internet-based exam are available for taking; however, the internet-based exam is significantly more popular than the paper-based exam. People can sign up for this test at any of the designated TOEFL IBT centers located in almost every country. American educational institutions tend to prefer this exam over the IELTS exam. After the declaration, the test’s results are still valid for two years.
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System): People who want to study abroad typically take this English language proficiency test. There are two versions of this test: IELTS Academic, which is targeted at international higher education levels, and IELTS General Training, which examines social skills and workplace procedures. The four major components of this test—reading, writing, listening, and speaking—generally employ British English. Every educational institution has its own minimal score eligibility requirements for this test; thus students should be aware of these requirements beforehand.
- PTE (Pearson Test of English): There are some key differences between this test and the previous two. First off, because this test is entirely dependent on computerized technologies, the scoring patterns are significantly different. Second, this test’s results are also available sooner than those of comparable tests. Typically, five days after the test, the results are announced. Due to limited availability and/or delayed results announcement, this test is suitable for students who are pressed for time. Thirdly, rather than university-level English literature or language, this test places a strong emphasis on the usage of the English language in daily life. This test gives a validity of two years after the exam’s result date.
- The SAT (Scholastic Assessment Test): This is a generally recognized study abroad university entrance exam used to assess applicants’ written, verbal, and analytical abilities. One of the tests for studying abroad that students must take after finishing high school is this one in order to enroll in undergraduate programs in Canada and the United States. A few universities in the UK also recognize the SAT score as a legitimate admissions criterion.
- ACT (American College Testing): This is an exam that must be taken in order to get admitted to American institutions for a variety of undergraduate programs. This exam usually gauges how prepared both domestic and international students are academically for particular college courses. This examination measures the potential students’ written, mathematical, linguistic, and scientific abilities.
- LSAT (Law School Admission Test): In order to pursue a master’s degree in law at an American university, you must pass this test. In the United States of America, Canada, and Australia, the Law School Admission Council administers this examination to candidates seeking to obtain a degree in law in order to pursue a professional career in that field.
- GRE (Graduate Record Examinations): One of the most common exams taken by Indian students who want to study in the United States of America, Canada, and hundreds of business schools throughout the world is this one. This examination measures the candidates’ linguistic, quantitative, and general analytical abilities. Students who want to study for a postgraduate degree in science (MS) or business administration (MBA) in the United States of America must pass this exam.
- GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test): Students who want to earn an MBA by studying abroad tend to choose the GMAT. As a requirement for admission to the best business schools and management colleges in the world, this exam is of utmost importance. This exam measures a person’s ability to solve problems and to think critically, logically, and rationally.
In the United States of America, Canada, and 18 other nations, this test is required for admission to undergraduate medical programs. This test’s main objective is to evaluate the participants’ knowledge of science and medicine.
Aspiring students should also consider a number of different international entrance tests that offer financial aid in the form of scholarships based on their performance for those looking to study abroad. You need to get personalized counseling on different tests in order to choose the one you need. You can take the help of any of the best agencies of study abroad for that. The performance of applicants in the designated international entrance tests is often employed by colleges and universities as a baseline for awarding scholarships to applicants at the time of admission.
These are the top 9 entrance exams Indian students can take and pass to make their dream of studying abroad come true. Even though it will take a lot of work on your part to pass these exams, it will be worthwhile because it will allow you to fulfill your dream of studying abroad. At Abroad Admission Hub, one of the top studies abroad consultants in Kochi, we have an experienced team of student visa consultants who will help you in your study visa process.